Barnes Roffe Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join one of their clients based in North Essex.
- Management of financial operations and bookkeeping including accounts payable, sales invoicing, VAT returns, monthly accounts preparation and reporting.
- Take responsibility for credit control function and invoice chasing through the accounts and customer service teams
- Management of budgeting and forecasting, cashflow, and reviewing operating costs.
- Provide support to the Directors as required, requested and directed
- Providing insights on the financial health of the organisation(s).
- Working with the Directors to produce forecasts and budgets to allow the ongoing expansion and financial success of the businesses.
- Ensuring the business meets all its statutory and compliance obligations, including statutory accounting and tax issues.
- Monitoring relationships with external contacts such as Accountants, Solicitors and HM Revenue & Customs.
- This role is working in “industry” but previous experience working as a Management Accountant in “Practice” is a strong advantage because of the complexities of multi-company accounts.
- Previous experience of a manufacturing or construction industry would be advantageous
- Experience using Sage is essential.
- At least part-qualified ACA or ACCA would be advantageous. Study support will be provided.
- Great attention to detail, able to produce written and numerical reports.
- Strong IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to adapt quickly.
- A proactive and energetic personality able to operate at a senior level.
If you feel this is the right opportunity for you, please apply today.