Accounts and Outsourcing
We are highly successful accounting firm in Kent that is looking for an Assistant Supervisor – Accounts to join their expanding Accounting Services division based in their Dartford office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Bookkeeping duties for our clients using Sage, Xero or our client’s software as applicable including month end close down procedures
- Preparation of management accounts and reporting in required format.
- Client VAT Return preparation.
- Client relationship building and maintenance of client portfolio.
- Assisting, mentoring and training others in the department.
- Assist with the preparation and review of statutory accounts for sole traders, partnerships and non-audit limited companies.
- Preparation of corporate tax returns and ad-hoc advice as supported by our tax team.
- Responsibility for own work and be able to multi task. You must time plan your own work and client appointments.
- Meeting clients face-to-face and developing good rapport acting in a professional manner.
- Writing professional letters and emails to clients. Offer client’s a value-added service, tailored to needs.
- Up to date with technical knowledge and changes in the accountancy profession.
- Liaising with the other departments in the office to cross sell other services to clients.
- AAT fully qualified
- Ability to multitask, work to deadlines, be efficient, organised, a good team player, approachable, confident, professional and IT competent (Excel, Word).
- Experience in the preparation of year end accounts from incomplete records through to client sign off.
- Experience in bookkeeping, management reporting and VAT returns
- Up to date knowledge of post Brexit VAT changes and reporting to HMRC
- Diligent and attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative, but also be a team player.
- Able to focus and concentrate in a busy working environment.
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified or part qualified is preferred.
- A good working knowledge of Caseware, IRIS, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks – training will be provided where required.
- Managerial experience
Good to know:
- Top 50 UK Accountancy firms
- You will be based in Kent which is part of their four-office network that offers national coverage
- The team is friendly, approachable and professional who possess strong and long lasting relationships with their clients
- This opportunity is mainly office based but you will be required to travel to client’s offices if/when needed