Barnes Roffe Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join one of their clients based in Chelmsford, Essex.
- Management of financial operations and bookkeeping including accounts payable, sales invoicing, VAT returns, monthly accounts preparation and reporting.
- Management of payroll, budgeting and forecasting, cashflow, and reviewing operating costs.
- Provide support to the Directors as required, requested and directed
- Providing insights on the financial health of the organisation.
- Working with the Directors to produce forecasts and budgets to allow the ongoing expansion and financial success of the businesses.
- Ensuring the business meets all its statutory and compliance obligations, including statutory accounting and tax issues.
- Monitoring relationships with external contacts such as accountants, solicitors and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant
- Experience working as an Accountant at an Owner Manager Business is a strong advantage.
- Some experience in Internal Audit is advantageous
- Previous experience of manufacturing or construction industry would be advantageous
- Experience using Sage is essential.
- Some experience with French or Dutch Accounts would be ideal but definitely not essential.
- Great attention to detail, able to produce written and numerical reports.
- Strong IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- High degree of flexibility and able to adapt quickly.
- A proactive and energetic personality able to operate at a senior level.
If you feel this is the right opportunity for you, please contact Adam Sommerville or Nicola Rouse at Barnes Roffe Recruitment to discuss further.